My Back Yard : : My View of the Rogue Valley

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My Yarn Stash

Clara at Knitter's Review is asking how her readers organize their stash. So I thought it would be fun for those that stop by here to see that too. Because I'm so visual I have to be able to see what yarn I have. For that reason I use semi-transparent plastic containers for yarn and fiber storage. The containers keep out dust but allow me to see what's what. The yarn is organized by color and I have a subset of sock yarn that's also arranged by color. There's enough sock yarn to knit 30 pairs of socks! To some that might seem extreme but I know that somewhere out there someone is saying, "30 pairs! What a piddly amount of yarn! Buy more yarn!" :o)

Sock Yarn

Sock Stash SockStash3 Sock Stash Sock Stash Sock Stash

The Rest (almost)

Linen & Chenille 22 Balls of Peruvian Highland Wool 15 skeins of Crystal Palace Waikiki Misc Neutrals

Various & Sundry Various & Sundry Blacks Blues & Turquoise Whites, mostly

Navy Cotton Thick & Thin - 16 balls Mostly Reds Mostly greens

What you don't see is my handspun yarn and the assorted crochet cottons. Needless to say there is plenty of yarn here to keep me busy for quite awhile!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home