My Back Yard : : My View of the Rogue Valley

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Stitches West Report

Seems as though Diana has been checking here often for updates. Okay then, I'll update.

In February I attended my first ever Stitches event. Once I finally arrived I had a blast! Susan from The Knitting Beehive was my traveling companion.
Susan
She didn't take any classes but went to the market on a couple of days. Once we landed in the Bay area we didn't see each other again until after we got back home.
Susan had this great idea that we take the train to the event which meant driving to Eugene, OR to catch the train. Since we had a couple of hours wait at the station I decided to knit on a lace scarf that Susan wanted me to knit to check the pattern for errors. It was Fiber Trends pattern AC-74x designed by Eugen Buegler. There were no errors in the pattern and it has the neatest garter edging and is a fast knit. While knitting away an elderly gentleman came into the station with a woman that was obviously a knitter. (she had two pairs of socks on two circular needles.) I didn't pay much attention to them until the woman called the man Gene. Then I did a double take. He was the aformentioned Eugen Buegler!
Susan & Eugen
Serendipity Baby!
Eugen & Me
Me & Eugen

I missed the first day of classes because the train was later than usual - 12 hours. But I do have a credit for next year. I took a class from Candace Strick on modular knitting.

Candace Strick & Me
Here's what I produced from that class
Felted Mitered Bag

The other classes included an embellishment class taught by Fiona Ellis, another modular class taught by Ginger Luter, and the Stash Reduction Vest class taught by Merike Saarniit

Merike Saarniit
Merike Saarniit

Stitches West was a very fun, very expensive weekend and I can't wait to do it again. Here's a picture of my wonderful husband holding the swatch from Merike's class. When I called asking him to come and bring me home he didn't hesitate. What a guy!
My hero!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home